Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Power of a Good Book :)

Meg and I went to Barnes and Noble today. I was searching for a Travel book and Meg was perusing the children's section. Meg chose a book about Ballerinas and we headed to check out. Then, by the register, she spotted the book on shoe tying and she told me that she HAD to have it.

She has been wanting to learn how to tie her shoes for a while now, but I have been reluctant to teach her. You see Meg is a lefty and for the life of me I could not figure out how to teach her how to tie her shoes "backwards". Well the task was not too great for "Loose Laces". Ten minutes after opening the book and trying the "practice laces" this is what we had...

Oh yeah, she can double knot them too and was ticked that I didn't video that!

3 comments:

  1. You tell that Meg that she just taught my Ella how to tie her shoes! :) Ella has been interested in learning...so I asked her to come watch Meg. Within five minutes, she was tying her shoe (well...my shoe, but still)!

    Glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OO! We am going to have to try that book!! Duglin is a lefty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! She's a natural born teacher. Look at her go through the process step by step.

    ReplyDelete