Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

The discipline chart in Meg's classroom is a pretty little apple tree with each child's name on a pretty little red apple. If you are caught misbehaving your apple falls from the tree and hangs mysteriously in the air. If you get caught again, your pretty little apple falls on the ground and "rots and gets mushy and yucky" (an actual quote from her teacher). Now I have never been told what the consequences are for a floating or rotten apple, and to tell you the truth I don't think the teachers really have any. I think it is just a little mind game. But in order to play along, I always ask Meg about her apple at the end of the day. Here is what she told me today. Remember her teacher is Ms. Meg (so you are not confused).

Mommy: Were you a good girl today?

Meg: "Wellllll"

Mommy: "Well what, Meg"(my eyes rolling and head shaking)

Meg: "My apple fell off the tree"

Mommy: "Why was that?"

Meg: "Cause Ms. Meg said that if she saw my eyes roll one more time....(interrupted by appropriate respect lecture with absolutely no guilt)


The death of me I tell ya, the death of me......

1 comment:

  1. Now I know she should not be rolling her eyes at the teacher but you have to admit it must have been so cute :-).

    NANA

    ReplyDelete